I'm studying for the Goethe Zertifikat (C2), but I have some problems with the writing module, more precisely: the first part (where you have to reword parts of a short report ) is very hard for me.

Therefore I'm asking you for tips (books, advices, internet resources etc.) how to prepare for this challenge.

Last but not least, does anyone know how many words should I know for this exam?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Kind regards,

L.

• Just prepare for this how you would prepare for anything else. Practice, practice, practice. Find short reports, and paraphrase them. The more you do this, the easier it will become. – infinitezero Apr 11 at 19:53
    I’m voting to close this question because nobody here is officially in Goethe-Institut. – c.p. Apr 12 at 12:35

There is no specific number of words you are expected to know. However, since C2 is the highest level of language competence, your vocabulary range should be very extensive. How long have you been studying the language for and did you recently complete a C1 course? If so, I would recommend the following resources:

For mock exams fit für c2

For grammar revision dartmouth German Language Blog with posts on all core German grammar topics

For vocabulary and listening comprehension Germany's main news Markus Lanz talk show 37 Grad documentaries

Watch as much German tv and listen to German radio as you can. I hope this helps.

Best of luck!

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.