was ist der Unterschied zwischen Haus & Heim? z.b. es ist ebenso wie House & Home am Englisch?

Im translate schreibt es:

ENG zu DEU:

I'am at home --> Ich bin zu Hause

Aber Sie kennen, dass I am at house eine richtige Englisches Grammatik ist nicht. So was muss ich I am at home sagen? Ich bin Heim?

Ich bin lvl B1.1

I will answer in English since you seem to be more proficient therein than in German.

There is a loose connection between "Haus" - "house" and "Heim" - "home", but it doesn't always apply as you've noticed. "Haus" is usually referring to a building, where "Heim" is referring to the place you call "home" (see also "Heimat"), as is in English.

But as always, there are exceptions. "Ich bin zu Hause" (also: "zuhause") is the correct translation for the phrase "I am at home".

More examples:

• "Eigenheim" is the house you own
  • "mein Zuhause" is the place I call home
  • "Haus und Hof verlieren" = "to lose everything".
  • Thanks a lot, very useful!
    – Amini
    Aug 19 '21 at 12:26
    In Österreich/Schweiz/Süddeutschland verbreitet gibt es noch "daheim": I'm at home => Ich bin daheim. Ich weiß nicht, wie weit das im Norden verstanden und verwendet wird
    – king_nak
    Aug 20 '21 at 6:09
  • Stimmt und versteht man auch hier in "Südschweden" ^^.
    – YetiCGN
    Aug 20 '21 at 8:35
  • Note "Haus und Hof" is a Stabreim (a form of poetry in ancient German using same start letters/sounds), and such are often used even when more or less redundant ("Haus" is the building, "Hof" is the whole estate).
    – vonbrand
    Aug 23 '21 at 0:37

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.