I want to learn German using the direct method/natural approach. I'm looking for the book similar to Latin Lingua Latina per se illustrata by Hans Orberg, where you basically learn Latin using the target language, not a single word is written in any other language. Do you know if there's the similar book for German? If not what workbook do you suggest?

Welcome to German.SE. Do I understand you correct that you want a "learn German" book that treats you as a German native speaker? And as an adult? (Sorry, don't speak latin, so I can't judge your example). While the method is called also "Natural Approach" (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_approach), I have the feeling that any "good" book "Deutsch für Ausländer" might come close. Oct 18, 2021 at 5:52
  • I am not sure, if a book request is on-topic here. Oct 18, 2021 at 6:08
    We have a list of resources for learning German you may want to peruse.
    – RDBury
    Oct 19, 2021 at 7:52

2 Answers 2

Using parameters similar to those outlined, may I recommend the multi-modal package 'Deutsch mit Schmidt' on Audible Books.

My background as a Linguist can identify several Second Language Methodologies the author has identified with, and the programme is created around CEFL Learning milestones A1, A2, B1, B2, C1 and C2.

Deutsch nach der Naturmethode is the equivalent of LLPSI of Hans O. and English by the Nature Method, L'italiano secondo il metodo natura, etc. of Arthur Jensen.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.