I don’t understand how I can translate “current-gain bandwidth product”

I have found the following translation:

  1. gain bandwidth product - Verstärkungsbandbreitenprodukt
  2. current-gain bandwidth – Stromverstärkungsbandbreite

I am looking for the translation for “current-gain bandwidth product”

Can I translate it as Stromverstärkungsbandbreitenprodukt?

  • 3
    German Wikipedia has section on Verstärkungs-Bandbreite-Produkt in it's article on op amps (link) I strongly suspect though that you'd need a background in electrical engineering to knowledgeably answer this.
    – RDBury
    Commented Dec 7, 2021 at 8:11
  • 1
    If its GBW (gain bandwidth product) that your text is talking about, then your translation might be correct - But that's hard to see without more context. When targetting electrical engineers, you'd probably not even translate the term but use the abbreviation.
    – tofro
    Commented Dec 7, 2021 at 9:39
  • 2
    You should show more context. Similar to the Wikipedia article, some people might prefer to write it as Stromverstärkungs-Bandbreite-Produkt. Or you could also write "Produkt aus Stromverstärkung und Bandbreite". Which version to choose may depend on the context. Are you using this in continuous text or in a table or diagram?
    – Bodo
    Commented Dec 8, 2021 at 12:02

1 Answer 1


If you are talking about transistors, Transitfrequenz is the correct term. If you are talking about op amps, they are voltage amplifiers, not current amplifiers, so you use Verstärkungs-Bandbreite-Produkt. As noted elsewhere, the English abbreviation GBP is common. Bandbreite-Angaben bei schnellen Operationsverstärkern

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.