I want to find some side-by-side very short stories 1 or 2 pages online in English and German. I have memoried most common words in German but a few uncommon ones per page can disrupt me. "Geier" to "Vulture" was one I had to use translate on.

• Welcome to German.SE. I have never checked all of it, maybe some of these sources do as you like: german.stackexchange.com/questions/9526/… Dec 13 '21 at 20:53
  • what did you find by searching for e.g. "short stories side by side german english" in the search engine of your choice? Because that's what I did and is the only base of my answer... Dec 13 '21 at 21:08
  • The disadvantage I see in this style of learning is that you don't immerse in German, but keep switching between languages. The skill that you want to learn isn't the translation between English and German text, but the ability to understand and express yourself in German. Other languages should not interfere with this skill. Dec 15 '21 at 11:48

A very uncommon approach would be reading the bible:

Side-by-side reading of e.g. Luther17 & King James editions on bibleserver.com

Less religious:

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.