I want to speak about the "dynamic" capabilities of a programming language to my german team. With "dynamic" capabilities, I mean the capacity of a language to handle complex objects and processes, as explained in this wikipedia article. I would first translate it by "Dynamischkeit" but this doesn't seem clean to me (German is not my mother tong).

Then, I would also like to talk about the "flexibility" of a programming language. By flexibility, I mean the ease of a programming language to pass from some objects to others. This Question mentions "The ability to change something in a smart way that lead to radical and useful changes in results". Here, I would talk about "Flexibilität", but again I'm not sure if it's the most appropriate.

Thank you very much for your help.

1 Answer 1

Let us start with "flexibility", because this is easier: Flexibilität is exactly the word you look for. The english as well as the german word come from the latin verb "flectere", which means "to bend". Words like "circumflex" (bent around in a circle), "flexion" (modification of a word for declination/conjugation) etc. also come from this word and are used in English and in German as well.

The noun associated with the Adjektiv/Adverb "dynamisch" is Dynamik, but that rather means the quality itself. Here are a few words related to "Dynamik":

Dynamik (noun, the quality itself - dynamic[s])

dynamisch (adjective/adverb - dynamic)

dynamisieren (verb - to make sth. dynamic)

[ Dynamizität (noun, - the extent to which sth. has the quality) ]

I'd rather not use the last one, even if correct - that might sound a bit over the top.

• Ok, vielen dank. Damit kann ich vorwärts gehen
    – Joachim
    Commented Apr 29, 2022 at 13:21

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.