I want a site where I can find opposite of an adjective in German. For example, gross should be klein, hell should be dunkel and so on.

I am, however, unable to find such a site. Can someone advice?

Good online dictionaries (Wiktionary, for example) tend to list antonyms and synonyms for German words.
    – tofro
    Commented Oct 19, 2023 at 18:31
  • Thanks, I'll check that one @tofro
    – Babu
    Commented Oct 19, 2023 at 20:11
  • @tofro: Please do not post answers in the comments. Please write proper answers instead. german.meta.stackexchange.com/q/1407/1487 Commented Oct 20, 2023 at 9:41
    @HubertSchölnast "Consult a dictionary" is a very obvious answer, but not one that is "worth" an answer. I was about to request a close because of that, but decided to be a bit nicer. Thanks for criticising me of being nice, I appreciate it. If I had wrote an answer providing the link to Wiktionary, I'm sure you'd have criticised me for "providing a link-only answer".
    – tofro
    Commented Oct 20, 2023 at 10:16
  • @tofro: I also was thinking about closing this question for a moment, but I still find it legitimate, because it's about the German language, and "consult a dictionary" is not a good answer to this question, because the OP obviously doesn't know where to find such resources (this is exactly what he asks for). And when someone asks for websites, what else could be the main part of an answer but a list of links? Commented Oct 20, 2023 at 10:32

1 Answer 1

You can use the website

was-ist-das-gegenteil-von.de

• While the linked page well adresses the question, answers cotaining a link only are typically not well receiced here, sine the link may stop working. I suggest to add a bit of explanation giving alternatives as well.
    – guidot
    Commented Oct 21, 2023 at 8:51
    @guidot I see the point however what other answer is there to a question literally asking for a site? Commented Oct 23, 2023 at 10:15

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.