I believe the answer is no, but I can't explain why. I feel there maybe some tangential relation to this question.

Could someone help?

Example:

Eine Möglichkeit des Umgangs mit einem solchen Aufschiebungsverhalten kann sein, d(ie) als störend oder unangenehm eingestufte Handlung in mehrere Teile aufzuspalten, um die Aufgabe weniger groß oder auch weniger bedrohlich erscheinen zu lassen.

I was asked to fill in the blank with the bracketted part removed. I intuitively ruled out Aufschiebungsverhalten as a possibility. After some introspection, I found the stated rule to be the basis.... but I am not sure if it is actually a correct or good justification.

Related.

• I think i maybe understands your question, but could you give an example?
    – Carsten S
    Commented Dec 31, 2023 at 17:59

1 Answer 1

Yes, sure. E.g.

Er wartet auf den Bus, den er schon kommen sehen kann.

Der Bus fährt zum Bahnhof, der am anderen Ende des Ortes liegt.

Von dort fährt der Zug in die Schweiz ab, die er immer schon mal bereisen wollte.

Your example is not related to your question, as the clause introduced by die isn't a relative clause but an infinitive clause. That die … Handlung is the accusative object of that clause.

Eine andere Möglichkeit ist, das Bett aufzusuchen und sich auszuruhen.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.